Re: [registrars] Regarding membership list

At 06:25 PM 8/31/04, Bruce Tonkin wrote:
Hello Tom,

> 1. Publish the list of registrars that you consider eligible
> to vote in this election.

A good idea.

>From the bylaws at:
http://www.icann-registrars.org/docs/gnso-rc-bylaws.doc

"2.4. Publication of Membership - Contact details for each Member, and
Registered Representatives shall be published on the Registrar
Constituency web site. This publication will constitute the formal
membership of the Constituency. Only Representatives listed in this
publication will be able to vote or otherwise fully participate in the
business of the Constituency unless the Member has appointed a new
representative per Section 2.2 and 2.3 of these bylaws"

There currently is not a list of members published on the constituency
website
(http://www.icann-registrars.org).

Dear Bruce: We keep chasing our tails:-( The old web site is a mess -- written using Microsoft Home Page -- spaces, mixed upper and lower cases in file names and directory names. Ross is working on a more friendly web site -- the money for it is in the budget -- thus we must vote on budget before anything else!!!

Cordially, BobC, Secretary

> 2. For those registrars not on the official list: outline the
> specific criteria, process and deadline that needs to be
> followed for them to become eligible to vote for this election.

The criteria are clear: you must be an ICANN accredited registrar

The process is less clear.

I believe that there is currently a $750 joining fee and then an annual
fee.

I don't believe an annual fee has been charged since 2002.

Here are some historical links to the postings on memberships that I
could find:
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/registrars/Arc01/msg03579.html
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/registrars/Arc02/msg00355.html
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/registrars/Arc02/msg00357.html
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/registrars/Arc02/msg00595.html
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/registrars/Arc02/msg00663.html

Here is a treasurers report for 2002
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/registrars/Arc01/msg03793.html

One of the tasks for the registrars constituency is to agree a budget
and fees structure.

I am in favour of an annual fee, as this helps keep our membership list
current.  I am also in favour of the constituency including in the
budget, funds for paying someone to manage this process and keep the
membership list up-to-date and published on our official website.

Regards,
Bruce