Re: [registrars] Using IANA IDs

  • To: Eric Brunner-Williams in Portland Maine <brunner@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [registrars] Using IANA IDs
  • From: "Marcus Faure" <faure@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 11:10:45 +0200 (CEST)
  • Cc: Rob Hall <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Jay Westerdal <jwesterdal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, registrars@xxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello,

maybe we should use an id like IANA-nn for (de-)accredited registrars and
a prefix LOCAL-<registry>-nn for non-IANA registrars.
I do not think that the LOCAL tags should be much of a problem as they will
not appear frequently in everyday life. The whole purpose of this approach
is simplification for the end user, and that is reached when you have a
solution for 99% of all cases.

Yours,
Marcus