[registrars] RE: [registrars] PIR’s EPP DOMAIN INFO command change announcement

  • To: "'Bruce Tonkin'" <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [registrars] RE: [registrars] PIR’s EPP DOMAIN INFO command change announcement
  • From: "Jay Westerdal" <jwesterdal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 10:34:41 -0700
  • Cc: <halloran@xxxxxxxxx>, <registrars@xxxxxxxx>, <bbeckwith@xxxxxxx>, <twomey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

>> With respect to the EPP protocol, a field may be returned empty
>> and still be compliant with the protocol.  It is a policy
>> decision for what content needs to be provided in which field for
>> certain queries.
>>
>> I don't believe that the proposed change would be non-compliant
>> with EPP, any more than a thin registry model would be non-compliant
>> with EPP.

Bruce,
Where as some fields may be optional to return all together, returning
empty values in fields would be miss-leading and wrong. The answer
would be to not return the fields at all. But I digress, these fields
may not be technically required but for practical purposes are necessary.

Registry Status of a domain can only be found at the Registry level.

Regards,

Jay