RE: [registrars] New Budget proposal is unfair and should not be implemented

  • To: "'Bhavin Turakhia'" <bhavin.t@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Registrars Constituency'" <registrars@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [registrars] New Budget proposal is unfair and should not be implemented
  • From: "Patricio Valdes" <valdes@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 20:01:31 -0500
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have two big concerns regarding the budget;

1) At 59 employees and $5.7M for personnel, that constitutes $100k per
employee. Where do we sign up? What are all these $100k people doing?
Besides this, there still is the $3M in Professional and Technical Services
and $1.5M for Administrative.

2) $2.4M for travel? Enlighten me, but why does ICANN need 3 meetings and
why do they have to be in such exotic places as Malaysia? Why not just
Marina del Rey? In the end, all attendees have to travel regardless of where
the location is. Why spend $2.4M in such exotic places?

Although I wish not to use these words, I can't hold myself back, this
budget is "preposterous" and "outrageous"!

Patricio Valdes
Parava Networks, Inc.