Re: [registrars] EPP transfer

  • To: ross@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [registrars] EPP transfer
  • From: Jean-Michel Becar <jmbecar@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 11:05:57 +0900
  • Cc: tbarrett <tbarrett@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Mike Lampson'" <lampson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, registrars@xxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Je suis tout a fait d'accord with Ross :-)
Let's speak french from now on.

More seriously, I tend to agree with Ross as we already have the EPP in place for all the registries, we are missing only .com/.net and would be nice to see our Verisign will be implemented their EPP before to make everybody speaking the seme accent...otherwise we will miss a big palyer... we will request to the other registries things we don't know yet while when Verisign will be in place it will be easier to make a cross reference amongst all the TLDs.

Jean-Miche;

Ross Wm. Rader wrote:

On 5/17/2004 12:56 PM tbarrett noted that:

I would disagree. Upgrading from one verion of EPP to another would be a waste of time and money unless there were guarantees that it would result in
a standard across all registries.

I would support not doing anything until Verisign decides what version of
EPP they plan to support and when.

Yeah - I guess I would summarize my goal with an analogy. We want the registries to all speak french. Let's get them speaking french first and worry about their accents later...not much later, but a little bit later...;-)