[registrars] EPP transfer

  • To: <registrars@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [registrars] EPP transfer
  • From: "Elana Broitman" <ebroitman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 09:27:32 -0400
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi all - last Thursday we had a registrars only call to discuss our "wish list" to send to the registries with regard to EPP transition.  The conversation included more generally the question of registry-registrar relations and we came up with a somewhat broader list.  I would like to communicate it now to the registries.  Please see below and send me any comments today.  I will send the final list to the registries tomorrow.

*	com/net registries should remain thin after transition;
*	registries should conduct an OT&E environment prior to initiating a transition period
*	registries should sync up their business rules as much as possible (e.g., whois fields)
*	a 3rd party should validate that the registries have synced the rules prior to initiating a transition period
*	transition processes should be the same or as similar as possible
*	RRP-EPP transitions should allow for legacy registrations until transitions are completed and checked in order not to turn off registration/renewals
*	the transition should be as long as possible, at least through Q1 2005
*	com/net transition should allow for an additional year beyond BONI
*	the registries should not require auth codes for transfers until all transition periods are done
*	an implementation committee that includes registrars should be established
*	there should be a standardization of maintenance notices and other types of notices and reports
*	registrars should be able to electronically query registries about their balances
*	registries should provide a list of recommended developers for reference by registrars that need consultants

Elana Broitman
Register.com
575 Eighth Avenue
New York, NY 10018