[registrars] Domain renewal spamming

  • To: registrars@xxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [registrars] Domain renewal spamming
  • From: les <les@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2004 12:47:40 -0800
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello all,

One of our customers received an U.S postal mail letter informing them that one of their domains was expiring (a domain maintained by us) and that they could renew it at: www.droa.com. The Domain Registry of America has no affiliation with us and I assume that they are merely trying to steal registrations by mailing registrants whose addresses were probably gained by whois mining. I know that this type of thing has been addressed in the past, but I'm not sure how it's being dealt with.
Is this considered mail fraud?

Les VanExel

les@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
AddressCreation.com