RE: [registrars] ICANN ROME MEETING AGENDA

  • To: "'Tim Ruiz'" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Thomas Keller'" <tom@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [registrars] ICANN ROME MEETING AGENDA
  • From: Paul Stahura <stahura@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 10:19:40 -0800
  • Cc: registrars@xxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tim and Tom,

I agree.  I will send out to the list a summary for TF1 before the meeting.
I think the Rome meeting time should primarily be utilized to come up with
our constituency statement.  Since the TFs are related, I have the
understanding that the constituencies may be asked for a statement that
covers all Whois TFs generally and also specifically covers each TF (a
general statement followed by specifics targeting each of the 3 TF
subjects).  It seems kind of counter-productive to send a different
statement to each of the TFs since the subject matter is fairly
interrelated.

As for TF1, there is a pretty good summary given by TF chair (Jeff Neuman)
at:
http://gnso-audio.icann.org/GNSO-Council.20040122.MP3
at 19:39 to 22:25 into the call

Basically we have not talked much at all about policy yet, our work to this
point has been to write letter/questionnaire whose purpose is to gather
information, and to gather a list of contacts (non-marketing users of whois
info) to send the letter to and to send it to those contacts.  We will use
the information to generate a "needs justification matrix" and use this and
the constituency's statements and other information (say from whois
workshops, testimony, etc) to make policy suggestions, debate them and come
up with a final recommendation which the public can comment on.  We have a
goal to make an "Interim Report" (it will probably not contain policy just
info) before the Rome meeting and the "Final Report" after the Rome meeting.

Also, I believe there will be a whois workshop/panel during the Rome
meeting.

Paul