[registrars] DRoA now phishing via email?

  • To: registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [registrars] DRoA now phishing via email?
  • From: Mark Jeftovic <markjr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 14:19:35 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

We're getting reports from users that they are getting DRoA and DRoC
"renewal" slams via email now.

This seems an acceleration of previous tactics, in  which they originally
sent a postal letter and then slammed the domains.

I've asked each user if they or someone there perhaps inadvertantly
responded to a postal mailing first and they all insist the email
spam is the first time they've heard from DRoA/DRoC.

Has anyone else noticed this? I'm sure this has come up on the list
before, but what is the official Enom position on this reseller?

-mark

--
Mark Jeftovic <markjr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Co-founder, easyDNS Technologies Inc.