RE: [registrars] Deletion of all IDN.org domains February 1st 200 4:-(

  • To: Jean-Michel <jmbecar@xxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [registrars] Deletion of all IDN.org domains February 1st 200 4:-(
  • From: Nikolaj Nyholm <nikolajn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 09:33:46 +0100
  • Cc: tbarrett@xxxxxxxxxxx, "'Robert F. Connelly'" <rconnell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Registrars Constituency'" <registrars@xxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I fully support Jean-Michel's views. While we cannot speculate why Netsol
choses to stop supporting IDNs, VGRS confirmed yesterday that Netsol's
decision in no way impacts their support for IDN in .COM/.NET.

I further agree that PIR's decision is putting the industry in an extremely
bad light, and I suggest we in unison lobby both ICANN, PIR and the ISOC
board.
Could you kindly forward to the list the letter sent to PIR on behalf of
Japanese registrars?

/n