[registrars] DRAFT registrars constituency statement on approval process for changes in gtld services (Registry Services)

  • To: <registrars@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [registrars] DRAFT registrars constituency statement on approval process for changes in gtld services (Registry Services)
  • From: "Bruce Tonkin" <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 17:08:18 +1100
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello All,

I have drafted the attached registrars constituency position statement
for consideration by members of the registrars constituency on the topic
of the approval process for changes in gtld services (including Registry
Services).

The format of the statement is consistent with the ICANN bylaws
(http://www.icann.org/general/bylaws.htm#AnnexA )

And responds to the terms of reference for this policy development
process
(http://gnso.icann.org/mailing-lists/archives/registrars/msg01039.html )

It elaborates on the draft developed by Brian Cute posted to the
constituency on 16 Dec 2003:

I welcome suggestions for changes or endorsements from members of the
constituency.

I hope I can get sufficient endorsements of this draft to request a vote
on this statement, so that it be a formal statement of the registrars
constituency's position.
I would also like to see a registrars constituency teleconference to
discuss this further.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin
Member of the registrars constituency