RE: [registrars] What is involved in WIPO II

  • To: "'Robert F. Connelly'" <rconnell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Registrars Constituency'" <registrars@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [registrars] What is involved in WIPO II
  • From: "Tim Ruiz" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 10:04:18 -0600
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Bob,

I think there is much to worry about.

New Government agencies are created all the time. Countries change their
names and acronyms. New Countries are formed, other dissolve. How will these
be defined or dealt with? How will "confusingly similar" be interpreted? I
don't believe there is any way to adequately cover all of the potential
issues with clear, understandable rules. What about the names of states,
provinces, and territories?

This is a serious can of worms that I do not look forward having to deal
with if it becomes covered under the UDPR. Where will WIPO III lead us?

Tim