[registrars] RE: Migration of RACE encoded IDN registrations for .com and .net .

  • To: Registrars Constituency <registrars@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [registrars] RE: Migration of RACE encoded IDN registrations for .com and .net .
  • From: "Robert F. Connelly" <rconnell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 11:02:21 -0800
  • Cc: Duane Connelly <duane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Mieko Umezu <umezu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Naoko Orishige <orishige@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Kane, Pat" <pkane@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Sheridan, Chris" <csheridan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

At 12:50 PM 12/12/03 -0500, Kane, Pat wrote:

Dear Registrars: I guess my first impression was the correct one. On re-reading it, I thought it was just an extension of the *.tstbd.com third level domain patch for mail service. Here is an amplification and re-direction from Pat Kane.

I am happy:-)

I'll be even happier when I hear the same from PIR for the IDN.org RACE encoded registrations.

Regards, BobC, Secretary, RC

Dear Registrars,

This release of the SRS is the migration from RACE encoded registrations to
punycode encoded registrations.  We are converting all valid IDN
registrations from RACE to punycode on Saturday.  Beginning at this time,
registrars are free to convert their own systems from RACE to punycode at
their own pace any time during the migration window which will end in April
of 2004.  At that time RACE encoded registrations will no longer be
accepted.

During the migration window, if a registration is submitted in it's RACE
format for any command, the SRS will convert that registration into it's
punycode format and commit that to the database.  All registrations in the
database are in punycode, but they can be accessed through RRP using the
RACE encoded equivalent.

Bob - I do not believe that I have the ability to post to the Constituency
list, so will you post this for me.  Thanks.

If you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to
contact me at pkane@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Best Regards,

Pat Kane