RE: [registrars] Verisign ownes every name that does not exist-millions for free!

  • To: registrars@xxxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: [registrars] Verisign ownes every name that does not exist-millions for free!
  • From: Mike Lampson <lampson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 09:48:00 -0400
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Port 80 at IP address 64.94.110.11 appears to be unresponsive at the moment.
Maybe that's a good sign that VeriSign is having second thoughts ...

I do notice that, besides registered domains without nameservers, any domain
put on HOLD status is also resolving to the above IP address.  This implies
that if a court order demands that a domain name be disabled to protect the
other IP (Intellectual Property), the domain will now start resolving to
VeriSign.  Likewise, all domains in REDEMPTIONPERIOD status are also
resolving to VeriSign.

_Mike