Re: [registrars] DRAFT Standard form for use by losing registrars after a transfer is initiated

  • To: ross@xxxxxxxxxx, Tim Ruiz <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [registrars] DRAFT Standard form for use by losing registrars after a transfer is initiated
  • From: Jim Archer <jarcher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 18:14:18 -0400
  • Cc: "'Bruce Tonkin'" <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, registrars@xxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ross, this is nonsense. Most of the problems in this industry come either from unethical registrars or from resellers, who (1) don't understand what they are doing or (2) don't care what they are doing.

It is fundamentally unfair to punish the smaller companies, who are trying to distinguish themselves from our competitors, because of the unethical acts of our competitors or, frankly, the unethical acts of the resellers of the bigger companies.

More and more, registrars are being told *exactly* how to do business. We should just go back to the days of having only one registrar, because no one will know the difference soon anyhow.

Rather than dictate how and when we all do something, why don't we hold the unethical agents responsible for their behavior? If the problem is bad apples, then don't throw out the entire bushel.