Re: [registrars] Marina del Rey Registrar Meeting - September 12

  • To: Bhavin Turakhia <bhavin.t@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [registrars] Marina del Rey Registrar Meeting - September 12
  • From: Larry Erlich <erlich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 14:34:46 -0400
  • Cc: Registrars@xxxxxxxx, tim@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Bhavin,

In theory, if a domain name had 100 nameservers
setup ns1.nonpaidforname.com  through ns100.nonpaidforname.com
which WERE ATTACHED to 100 different domains then
that would take 100 renamings to, say,
ns[1-100].nonpaidforname.com.domainusedforthisstuff.com.
The workaround doesn't scale but it has been
working. That being said I also would prefer a real solution.

Larry Erlich

http://www.DomainRegistry.com

Bhavin Turakhia wrote:

> > If the registries are willing to be more involved, then
> > perhaps they could take it upon themselves to agree to cancel
> > these names if the nameservers in question no longer ping. A
> > separate request to cancel names of this nature would be
> > submitted, the registry would check them out, and delete them
> > if appropriate.
> >
> > Other ideas?
>
> Currently I believe we handle it by simply changing the nameservers to
> "nameservername.directideleteddomains.com". That works fine for us.
> Doesn't everyone do that?
>
> bhavin

Larry Erlich - DomainRegistry.com, Inc.
215-244-6700 - FAX:215-244-6605 - Reply: erlich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx