RE: [registrars] Constituency Meeting Discussion

  • To: "Registrar Constituency" <registrars@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [registrars] Constituency Meeting Discussion
  • From: "Michael D. Palage" <michael@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 09:30:41 -0400
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Elana/David:

I believe the issues that the registries are trying to raise involves ISP
that are not providing universal resolution of the new TLDs particularly the
sponsored ones. If you refer to Appendix E of the draft RFP you will see
this topic discussed in further detail.
http://www.icann.org/tlds/new-stld-rfp/new-stld-rfp-24jun03.htm. In Montreal
the ISP Constituency took issue with the use of the world "filter" in the
report. That is why I choose to use the word resolution.

I hope that helps.

Mike