ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives

net-com

RE: [net-com] last meeting

  • To: net-com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: [net-com] last meeting
  • From: philip.sheppard@xxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 15:43:09 +0200
  • Cc:
  • Sender: owner-net-com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

A thousand apologies to sub committee members and staffers for having to cancel the call yesterday May 18.  Despite my usual rigourous timetabling, a dastardly deal hatched between the EU Commissioner for the Internal Market and the Irish Deputy Prime Minister over lunch, meant that they changed the agenda order of the EU Council meeting that I was attending.  That change switched my issue right on top of our call. As I have been working on this topic for the last three years to get it to this stage, you will appreciate my interest in being in the building when it was being discussed by 25 ministers of the EU!

As I believe Glen explained I can support the changes suggested by Ross, Marc and Lucy and will include these in a new version which we will discus next week along with any other submissions.

That should still keep us on track for the promised deadline.

Philip