RE: [ispcp] ICG status
- To: "'WUKnoben'" <wolf-ulrich.knoben@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <ispcp-iana@xxxxxxxxxx>, "'Dawson Christian'" <dawson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Graves Angie'" <angie@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'MAEMURA Akinori'" <maem@xxxxxxxxx>, "'Shatan Gregory S.'" <gregshatanipc@xxxxxxxxx>, "'Sridhar Aparna'" <aparnasridhar@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: RE: [ispcp] ICG status
- From: "Tony Holmes" <tonyarholmes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 18:01:02 -0000
- Cc: "'Cooper Elisa'" <Elisa.Cooper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Marilyn Cade'" <marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Metalitz Steve'" <met@xxxxxxx>, "'Smith Tim'" <tim.smith@xxxxxxxxx>, <ispcp@xxxxxxxxx>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=btinternet.com; s=btcpcloud; t=1445882484; bh=1PEzBfXpj3p3odzy/WiQJymVY/dNs60XUEwrNu2At9k=; h=From:To:Cc:References:In-Reply-To:Subject:Date:Message-ID:MIME-Version:X-Mailer; b=BnncgHi6x+Naz9oO++dwo4iOS44byyKLY67PqlD4G4pt67PIehTT3Jl3zSs5vwgPedTuVWUpRuuQnGfwqRVtZ+Se7/XZjDFksObJC0BaNooqqJRzgOKLXlGGfubuvVE7N7kKDdsBChRbSDftnKBM9jFUWEc5580n3U2PUQTvvQo=
- In-reply-to: <1CD456E69C5A43B98014248E5DE7120A@WUKPC>
- List-id: ispcp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- References: <1CD456E69C5A43B98014248E5DE7120A@WUKPC>
- Sender: owner-ispcp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Thread-index: AQGtqr2CGtVDfN3iTty8761paKxK2p7E2srA
Thanks for the update, nice to hear that real progress was made after those long hours in Dublin!
From: owner-ispcp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-ispcp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of WUKnoben
Sent: 26 October 2015 15:59
To: ispcp-iana@xxxxxxxxxx; Dawson Christian; Graves Angie; MAEMURA Akinori; Shatan Gregory S.; Sridhar Aparna
Cc: Cooper Elisa; ispcp-iana@xxxxxxxxxx; 'Marilyn Cade'; Metalitz Steve; Smith Tim; Tony Holmes; ispcp@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ispcp] ICG status
at its meeting in Dublin on Friday, Oct 23, right after the ICANN54 meeting, the ICG almost finished its task to deliver "a proposal to the NTIA
regarding the transition of NTIA’s stewardship of the IANA functions to
the global multi-stakeholder community". Last editorial reviews are to be done over the next days; then the proposal in its present form and the statement is intended to be published. Before sending this proposal to the NTIA via the ICANN Board, the ICG will secure confirmation from the CWG that its accountability requirements have been met (see draft status update attached).
Following decisions were taken:
1. From now until 30 September 2016, the ICG will: (1) keep the internal-cg mailing list active; (2) ensure that the communities have a way to reach the ICG; (3) will only schedule conference calls/meetings on an as-needed basis.
The ICG will revisit this decision on or before 30 September 2016.
2. ICG liaisons to the operational communities and ICG liaisons to the CCWG-Accountability to continue their role as liaisons with the respective groups and continue to bring status updates to the ICG as necessary.
I'd like to thank all CSG colleagues to whom I had an opportunity to exchange views on the ICG process and the proposal development since I've been delegated to this group. Still important work is ahead all of us with respect to the right backing of the implementation process.