ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives

[ispcp]

Re: [ispcp] Re: [] council possible motion - would need to request 10 day waiver.

  • To: olivier.muron@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ispcp] Re: [] council possible motion - would need to request 10 day waiver.
  • From: Malcolm Hutty <malcolm@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 09:28:49 -0300
  • Cc: "Novoa, Osvaldo" <onovoa@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "ispcp@xxxxxxxxx" <ispcp@xxxxxxxxx>, "tonyarholmes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tonyarholmes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/simple; d=linx.net; h= references:message-id:date:date:in-reply-to:x-mailer:from:from :received:received; s=dkim; t=1445257728; bh=hiypD9Y5AvS25ojTJ8P z0YP8A/T58qK2B6i8Z8XDxMQ=; b=SnudCawRl81SqC65Kn4CtJsuj1GnXMQpur1 YzAud0nREnmwkerQ9mFuG/oUAfQBcVgx6mq+6ODRJbeW1aln6y2V36Rz2oiBSFW9 STK25Pfdo6FcGZzRro9Nyb8JwvbBUM8dT5ez2Jrlzx0YwFIIORj95wphR2UEtdzg rN5Ure/g=
  • Sender: owner-ispcp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I didn't read it as targeting the ALAC statement: the ALAC resolution yesterday does not declare support for any particular model, nor does it declare a final rejection for it; instead, ALAC has just reversed their previous endorsement of the CCWG 2nd draft report so that they may engage in the current discussions on models, with a preference for non-member models but without a fixed commitment for or against any.

Instead, I read this statement as a reference to the GNSO resolution on its conditional support for the CWG transition proposal: that anticipates a future (unconditional) resolution of support will come only once the CCWG work has concluded. I therefore read this draft resolution as reaffirming that existing position.

For this reason, I would be happy to support the resolution.

Malcolm.