RE: [ispcp] Fwd: [CSG-IANA] Fwd: Public Comment Opens for IANA Transition Proposal for Naming Related Functions
- To: <Wolf-Ulrich.Knoben@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <ispcp-iana@xxxxxxxxxx>, "'ISPCP'" <ispcp@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: RE: [ispcp] Fwd: [CSG-IANA] Fwd: Public Comment Opens for IANA Transition Proposal for Naming Related Functions
- From: "Tony Holmes" <tonyarholmes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 09:25:48 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=btinternet.com; s=btcpcloud; t=1429865239; bh=r1cfQEVJdNKaVklV/xI+3MAlOtudar2W7QKyKIA5YMc=; h=From:To:References:In-Reply-To:Subject:Date:Message-ID:MIME-Version:X-Mailer; b=a3iTyDKkPkOUCV//eUtWO1Ph0aVmsqXqCbhvcoWlLdGyB3tdMmRG6fjt06Y2KdqnErJlW43xEY0hv/K8NIBESsdoT4tumNPeWtpvKWy65L04uFJpQvrCodTAES8SNO0uc8ALnXSv6Sz6C1FvIO+RX4AGH4O/q5lL1umiLCccEfs=
- In-reply-to: <4B57E671-999F-4C62-B995-4F6B6C8FFC5A@t-online.de>
- List-id: ispcp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- References: <CA+aOHUT1FgE-ywQopZz5jgxeWCs+_0eJ8T79jtsEUQUv8c12Hw@mail.gmail.com> <4B57E671-999F-4C62-B995-4F6B6C8FFC5A@t-online.de>
- Sender: owner-ispcp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Thread-index: AQMacQwG2+KjLVZT1WIw0f+RVkEs1wGRQEj3mrthMcA=
I fully support the remark made by Wolf-Ulrich and suggest following the webinar that as a Constituency we look to respond in the comment period.
Ideally we could ask a small group to produce an initial draft. I would be willing to participate but don’t have the bandwidth to lead.
Wolf-Ulrich would you be willing to consider that role?
If others who are interested in participating could indicate by responding to the iana list that would be helpful. We can then arrange a call for that group following the webinar.
From: owner-ispcp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-ispcp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Wolf-Ulrich.Knoben@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: 23 April 2015 17:52
To: ispcp-iana@xxxxxxxxxx; ISPCP
Subject: [ispcp] Fwd: [CSG-IANA] Fwd: Public Comment Opens for IANA Transition Proposal for Naming Related Functions
I strongly recommend to make use of the webinar offered.
Sent from my personal phone
Anfang der weitergeleiteten E‑Mail:
Von: Greg Shatan <gregshatanipc@xxxxxxxxx>
Datum: 23. April 2015 17:29:52 MESZ
Betreff: [CSG-IANA] Fwd: Public Comment Opens for IANA Transition Proposal for Naming Related Functions
Fellow CSG members:
The 28-day public comment period has now opened for the CWG-IANA's Draft Proposal for IANA Stewardship Transition for Naming Related functions. The Public Comment period closes on May 20.
Please note that the CWG has a generated a template that
are strongly encouraged to use. It is not complex -- basically a series of empty sections matching the sections of the Draft Report, with an introductory phrase identifying the section.
Here are links to the announcement and public comment page:
* Announcement: https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2015-04-22-en
* Public Comment page: https://www.icann.org/public-comments/cwg-stewardship-draft-proposal-2015-04-22-en
There are two webinars tomorrow. Only about 30
people have registered for each of the webinars.
I strongly suggest
you sign up.
Here is the link
* <https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2015-04-16-en> https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2015-04-16-en
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate contact me.
CWG Member (representing CSG)
2nd Draft Proposal of the Cross Community Working Group to Develop an IANA Stewardship Transition Proposal on Naming Related Functions
Comment Period Opens on
22 April 2015
IANA Stewardship Transition
The ICANN Cross Community Working Group responsible for the naming related portion of the IANA Stewardship Transition (CWG-Stewardship) <https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2015-04-22-en#foot1> 1 seeks public comment on its 2nd draft proposal for the transition of the stewardship of the IANA Functions Contract from the U. S. Department of Commerce's NTIA to the global multistakeholder community. The draft proposal has been prepared in order to pave the way for a response (the Final Proposal) to the IANAStewardship Coordination Group (ICG) request for proposals.
Though less than the required 40-day minimum, this Public Comment period has been approved by two ICANN Global Leaders.
Public Comment Box Link:
<https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2015-04-22-en#note1> 1 In March 2014, the U.S. Department of Commerce's National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA) announced its intent to transition its stewardship role of the IANA Functions and related Root Zone Management. ICANN was called upon to facilitate this process, and in June 2014, after a series of community consultations, ICANN announced the creation of the IANA Stewardship Transition Coordination Group (ICG), responsible for preparing a transition proposal reflecting the differing needs of the various affected parties of the IANA Functions. The ICG announced its Request for Proposals in September 2014, available here: <https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-3-2014-09-03-en> https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-3-2014-09-03-en.
CWG-Stewardship mailing list
CSG-IANA mailing list