ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives

[ispcp]

[ispcp] ISPCP meeting San Francisco

  • To: <ispcp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ispcp] ISPCP meeting San Francisco
  • From: "Tonyarholmes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tonyarholmes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 16:03:22 -0000
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=btinternet.com; s=s1024; t=1299859410; bh=X2YzV9RoqhF0Qvp1wFizRVeDu66TlAkxoZYlzCx3DJE=; h=Received:X-Yahoo-SMTP:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:From:To:Subject:Date:Message-ID:MIME-Version:Content-Type:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:Thread-Index:Content-Language:Importance; b=ZVsJbbOtZ1hyrOjhWBcWdkdcAW5Io/5HDTgdroKgVsddv103lq0HQWd5ztPb4ORaRKJD8KIuPV/Kfm9ID2n1GhEAc3dGlSj8FQF3xlbpR+977CcGcj0PfaLRud0ast304Jnz2PSacoOR44Va97yiSRkD3S06XTloP2jQHt3RUlw=
  • Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=btinternet.com; h=DKIM-Signature:Received:X-Yahoo-SMTP:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:From:To:Subject:Date:Message-ID:MIME-Version:Content-Type:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:Thread-Index:Content-Language:Importance; b=je98U/iz45E8UnrWF6qDWvFnK5qSPdMSUcXbgIV2OLicTZZlJKQAhApEkGc8upfnYiNP4DQbWplXz+bDb5vOsvH/A08G99JNwVu3Mojt62v5Hp09NwTa1pTCIpP+Zo7HL7dVY22nDD/+mwjSFOz4UAvpS9qmQmoPczkIdUfyooI= ;
  • Sender: owner-ispcp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm sure most of you would have seen the recent announcement that the Board
and GAC will continue to try and resolve the outstanding issues on new gTLDs
on both Tuesday and Thursday in San Francisco. Most of these sessions will
be 'open' and that has resulted in significant changes to the original
schedule.  The CSG meeting planned for Tuesday morning has now been
cancelled and Constituencies also have to decide whether to go ahead with
their meetings on the Tuesday.

That places all of us in a difficult position as the majority of people will
want to attend the Board sessions.

I would like to propose the ISPCP meeting goes ahead with the following
reduced agenda;

-          ISPCP position on new gTLDs

-          Operational Plan & Budget and GNSO toolkit

-          Update on NonCom

-          JAS and Joint Community WGs

-          IANA contract NOI

-          Urgent issues from the GNSO.

That also means we would not invite staff to present on the operational plan
and budget, the chair of the SSAC, or members of the WHOIS  WG to present
during our meeting, which was the agreed way forward from our last
conference call.

Adopting that approach should enable us to start at 14.00 and reduce the
meeting to under 2 hours and then people can return to the GAC - Board
session. All the issues listed on the above agenda are important to our
constituency and it would be an opportunity wasted if we do not hold any
discussions at all in SF.

PLEASE RESPOND IMMEDIATELY IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THIS PROPOSAL.

In addition a breakfast meeting with ICANN staff has also been planned for
Tuesday morning.

PLEASE RESPOND BACK IF YOU INTEND TO PARTICIPATE AS NUMBERS ARE LIMITED.

Details of this meeting will be circulated nearer the time.

I look forward to seeing everyone in San Francisco

Tony