ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives


<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

[ispcp] Main issues from ISPCP conf call held December 1st

  • To: <ispcp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ispcp] Main issues from ISPCP conf call held December 1st
  • From: "Tonyarholmes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tonyarholmes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 12:48:54 -0000
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=btinternet.com; s=s1024; t=1291380538; bh=7XWkOeSHDXbxHySmKkYSDZt4hV/vdDFYa9n3k5uc+BM=; h=Received:X-Yahoo-SMTP:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:From:To:Subject:Date:Message-ID:MIME-Version:Content-Type:X-Mailer:Content-language:Thread-index; b=45wq6MLpDZAMFArfgho2LzUtexoRAsbz+zfKrFDA2E4DY1HpOTAqbVB7JMNFcEzTIx5Czg7kNpycXFRreSz9Odsgh1tDVRt1vKC9zcWi71BLtWBcX9Ppa5aKz9Ey7CGK6J9BbY3l5o2wij2FL9wxhTiVvVkrsA19tcCvAZhf/ps=
  • Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=btinternet.com; h=DKIM-Signature:Received:X-Yahoo-SMTP:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:From:To:Subject:Date:Message-ID:MIME-Version:Content-Type:X-Mailer:Content-language:Thread-index; b=XorQPuHE9yv/ztIaSCsCvQZ4xMCQUBjnaGjEyF+vBKRzJ4Nazdj6WTbmMYUAtYgPuGU9vGVhsVxtX2x8B43tZuFvllKgv5B07x7ON3+jW3twQ5la/t748lJ4uXywN/JewR5hvl0eQlKZb0uAMLpJ5KEFu4bqSPP2KYLq08SmZM0= ;
  • List-id: ispcp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ispcp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Thread-index: AcuS6HE5Rur6Ti6FQBSTQtvRlMn9Zg==

The main focus of the call was to discuss arrangements for the Cartagena


·         CSG Breakfast meeting with the Board ? Tuesday 7 Dec 08.00- 09.45

The IPC are primarily responsible for organising this meeting. 

The main topic for discussion will be the recent decision taken by the Board
on Vertical Integration. There is general concern within the CSG that the
Board are assuming the responsibility for policy development where the GNSO
fails to deliver an answer within the required timescale. 

In addition the need to continue the breakfast CSG/Board meetings will be
raised. Some Board members appear to be questioning the validity of these
meetings which is of immediate concern to all CSG Constituencies as this
provides the sole opportunity for members to have an active dialogue with
the Board.


·         CSG meeting ? Tuesday 7 Dec 10.00-12.30

This provides the opportunity for all CSG Constituencies to discuss items of
common interest. Akram Atallah who has replaced Doug Brent as ICANN COO has
been invited to meet the CSG Constitiencies. In addition Juan Ojeda, Janice
Douma Lange and Kevin Wilson will attend to present the operational and
strategic plan. Debbie Hughes will provide an update on the proposals for
the ?Not for Profit Constituency? as part of the NCSG. The BC Constituency
are also keen to add RAA to the agenda if time allows.


·         ISPCP meeting Tuesday 7 December 14.00 -16.00

The agenda for the ISPCP meeting was agreed as follows;

1.       FY12 Operational Budget and Strategic Plan.

Akram Atallah and Kevin Wilson will provide an opportunity for Constituency
members to raise questions on issues that are of particular interest to the
ISPCP Constituency. 

2.       New gTLDs

This will include issue arising from the previous days GNSO sessions, and
also cover recent discussions on vertical integration, the  economic
analysis and all aspects of the final draft version of the Applicant

3.       Review of geographic regions 

4.       GNSO Prioritisation

Liz Gasster, ICANN Staff has been invited to attend for this discussion

5.       AoB


GNSO Chair elections

The recent results of the first round of the election process was discussed;

For the Non-contracted Parties House

      Olga Cavalli = 61.5%

      Stéphane van Gelder = 38.5%


For the Contracted Parties House

      Olga Cavalli = 0%

      Stéphane van Gelder = 100%


This means that the second round vote will be between Stéphane van Gelder
and ?not Stéphane van Gelder?. It was agreed how ISPCP Council
representatives should vote in this round and Councilors will be advised.




<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>