ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives

[ispcp]

[ispcp] Vertical Integration PDP Decision

  • To: <ispcp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ispcp] Vertical Integration PDP Decision
  • From: <KnobenW@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 12:17:38 +0100
  • Sender: owner-ispcp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear colleagues,

during our next call we should also discuss the "Initiation of a PDP
about vertical separation of Registries and Registrars" which is to be
decided at the next council meeting.

You can find the Issues Report on Vertical Integration at
http://gnso.icann.org/issues/vertical-integration/report-04dec09-en.pdf
<http://gnso.icann.org/issues/vertical-integration/report-04dec09-en.pdf

It recommends that a PDP not be initiated at this time. Are you
comfortable with this recommendation? If not, would you recommend
initiating a PDP at this time? Or would you recommend delaying the
decision again?

Deadline for a council motion is Wednesday, 20 January.

Best regards
Wolf-Ulrich