ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives

[ispcp]

[ispcp] ELECTION: Election Activity Notice

  • To: <ispcp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ispcp] ELECTION: Election Activity Notice
  • From: "Mark McFadden" <mcf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 15:41:34 -0600
  • Sender: owner-ispcp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Internet Service Provider and Connectivity Provider Constituency
Generic Names Supporting Organization -- ICANN
                                                 2005 January 28

ELECTION ACTIVITY NOTICE

The ISPCP is currently working on three important elections for
the constituency.  In the coming weeks we will nominate, elect,
and endorse constituency members for three crucial roles:

- we will be electing two constituency members to be our
  representatives to the GNSO Council;
- we will be electing two constituency members to be part of
  the constituency's Executive Committee; and,
- we will be electing a representative from the constituency to
  the ICANN Nominations Committee.

For each of these elections you will see:

- a call for nominations;
- a period for voting by constituency members; and,
- an endorsement of the results of the voting.

The process starts with nominations.

In the coming days you will see three calls for nominations for
each of the three elections.

Please take a moment to consider nominating someone for each of
these important positions.  Out work in the constituency helps
ensure that the technical underpinning of the DNS, IP address
and numbering and other policy is supportive of those who
provide connectivity for users of the Internet.  Our customers
and clients are the users of the Internet.  It is crucial that
we continue to play a strong role in the debate over technical
coordination of the Internet and its naming and numbering
resources.

If you have questions relating to the election, the constituency
Articles or the nomination process please contact the current
Secretariat of the constituency: Mark McFadden at
ispcp-activity@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.