[ga] Australian ISPs Reject Calls To Police Their Users
- To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [ga] Australian ISPs Reject Calls To Police Their Users
- From: jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 23:45:50 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=dk20050327; d=ix.netcom.com; b=V7Dgc8bCjAEp0Q7XGVflECHsxcHUmXnNIug3Q65/6/2AhVEbJlEMtt+0mH9LgQbv; h=Message-ID:Date:From:Reply-To:To:Subject:Mime-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Mailer:X-ELNK-Trace:X-Originating-IP;
- Reply-to: jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Seems that doing others work for them isn't what Australian
ISP's have in mind. Good for them.
Unfortunately we have seen allot of this do-my-work-for-me
sort of thing here on the GA recently. ISP's whom are usually
the users primary interface, have far better things to do
than play policeman of their users. After all, as users
are the primary consumer of the Internet and good business
practice dictates that "The consumer is king" seem to me
anyway that suggesting that ISP's do the LEA's job for them
is not only fought with selective censorship, it sets up
ISP's to perform a primary law enforcment function they have
no professional expertise to carry out adaquately.
Secondly, given the RIAA's bully tactics and high profile
legal battle losses, it also seems clear that ISP's are getting
the message from users that doing business with the RIAA has
consequences to their bottom line.
Jeffrey A. Williams
Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 277k members/stakeholders strong!)
"Obedience of the law is the greatest freedom" -
"Credit should go with the performance of duty and not with what is very
often the accident of glory" - Theodore Roosevelt
"If the probability be called P; the injury, L; and the burden, B; liability
depends upon whether B is less than L multiplied by
P: i.e., whether B is less than PL."
United States v. Carroll Towing (159 F.2d 169 [2d Cir. 1947]
CSO/DIR. Internet Network Eng. SR. Eng. Network data security IDNS. div. of
Information Network Eng. INEG. INC.
ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402 E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx