Re: [ga] Fwd: [gnso-whois-wg] Changes in GNSO staff support

  • To: GA <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Fwd: [gnso-whois-wg] Changes in GNSO staff support
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 01:13:38 -0700
  • Cc: Maria Farrell <maria.farrell@xxxxxxxxx>, denise.michel@xxxxxxxxx, gnso-whois-wg@xxxxxxxxx, "philip.sheppard@xxxxxx" <philip.sheppard@xxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dr. Dierker and all,

  Thank you for forwarding this.  I am personally knowledgeable
of Ms. Gasster's background.  What's most interesting as a long
time member of the "Starving Lawyers Society" Ms. Gasster's
use of a Gmail.com eMail address belies her questionable experience
in security related matters.  In fact such a claim, while using a Gmail
email address, is almost laughable if such was not so utterly
ridiculously
sad.

Hugh Dierker wrote:

>    I can't say whether this forwarding is a violation of some rules we
> are hoping to advance.
>   But I think this, coming out of the WHOIS WG, is important to us at
> the GA. Perhaps there will be more time available for assisting us.
> Perhaps not, but it is a good omen that more staff is being applied to
> the GNSO.
>
>   Eric
>
> Denise Michel <denise.michel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>   Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2007 00:59:06 +0200
> From: Denise Michel <denise.michel@xxxxxxxxx>
> To: GNSO Council <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, gnso-whois-wg@xxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [gnso-whois-wg] Changes in GNSO staff support
>
> I am pleased to announce that Maria Farrell, the GNSO's Policy
> Officer,
> will be moving to an important, new position in ICANN's Communications
>
> Department. To ensure that the GNSO is adequately staffed in its WHOIS
>
> work, I also am pleased to announce that ICANN has arranged for Liz
> Gasster to provide full-time support for the WHOIS Task Force, and the
>
> Council as needed, on an interim basis.
>
> Liz is an attorney and independent consultant whose practice focuses
> on
> technology and Internet-related public policy and advocacy activities.
>
> She has over 25 years of experience in the fields of Internet and
> telecommunications policy and operations, including developing and
> coordinating policy positions on a broad range of e-commerce,
> technology
> and intellectual property issues such as on line privacy, network
> security, Internet content and trademark and copyright policy. Liz has
>
> served as General Counsel and Acting Executive Director of the Cyber
> Security Industry Alliance, and as AT&T?s Public Policy Director and
> Senior Attorney for Federal Government Affairs, among other positions.
>
> She is based in Washington, D.C. and can be reached at
> lgasster@xxxxxxxxxx
>
> Please join me in thanking Maria for her dedication and hard work for
> the GNSO. Maria is working with Liz to ensure a smooth transition in
> staff support for the GNSO's WHOIS activities. Liz has been added to
> the task force email list and will be joining the 1 August task force
> call.
>
> ICANN is accepting resumes for the position of GNSO Policy Officer at
> . Your assistance in encouraging potential
> candidates to contact us would be appreciated. Information about this
> position is included below.

> Regards,
> Denise
>
> Denise Michel
> Vice President, Policy Development
> ICANN www.icann.org
> denise.michel@xxxxxxxxx
>

> GNSO Policy Officer
>
> The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers(ICANN) is
> seeking a GNSO Policy Officer to support domain name policy
> development.
> [...]

   Abraham Lincoln

ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827