RE: [ga] RE: issues that are long closed?

At 07:53 p.m. 3/07/2007, Roberto Gaetano wrote:
Joop,

I think that we are talking past eachother on two different wavelengths:
what I mean is that the issue of individual registrants representation in
the GNSO is still on the table (and sorry for pointing out that we are far
from having consensus on it, but this just a reality check), while the
global election by individual members is currently not.

Hi Roberto,

I think the two-wavelenghts spring from you wanting to address both Danny and me in one message. We are eh,.. individuals.

I want to plead for a constituency for individual registrants. That has to be the starting point.

You have seen my comment on Milton's NCUC draft.

As for a well reasoned and motivated paper: how about the Carl Bildt's /Esther Dyson's ALSC report?
http://atlargestudy.org/final_report.shtml

After all, ICANN  paid good money for that.

Isn't the time ripe to dust it off? The arguments remain the same. Only the shape and form can be further argued.

-joop-