ICANN's RAA's i.e Verisign, was:Re: [ga] Increased foreign attendance

  • To: George Kirikos <gkirikos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: ICANN's RAA's i.e Verisign, was:Re: [ga] Increased foreign attendance
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 00:42:51 -0700
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Debbie, George and all,

  George is absolutely right here.  I also have been on a very few
teleconferences with ICANN Bod and Sr. staff members attending,
including council.  They are indeed, demonstrably incompetent when
it comes to any financial matter.  I am very sure Karl will concur.
This incompetence is largely due to the fact they have KPMG as their
outside auditor which needs no further explanation, and the fact that
their legal council is lacking in expleriance/seasoning.  However
Verisign is extremely well legally represented and have the very best
outside auditor in the country.  So it is little wonder why Versign
can beat the nikkers off ICANN any time they feel the need
and get whatever contract they desire out of ICANN.  Even DOJ doesn't
and hasn't wanted to take on Verisign sense they were Network Solutions,
which is incidentally one of the reasons I hold Verisign stock.  >:)

  However now as you may not know Debbie, Verisign are buddies given
Versign promised some $2b US to promote ICANN.  So a legal action
by ICANN or Verisign is not likely to ever be in the cards, and Verisign
gets a nice tax write off.   Ergo, Verisign got what it wanted for 20
years, ICANN got what they wanted, and the registrant in .COM got the
dubious pleasure paying ever increasing registration fees and lessor
service for that privilege, i.e. the shaft and didn't even get kissed
first.  How wonderful, don't ya think? And that how real business is
done my good woman, as bad as it is for the registrant and the consumers
down the line...

  So now if you can believe or say this is good for any .com registrant
or consumer whom buys some product of service from a .com commercial
web site and was done fairly, you my good woman have been drinking
far too much ICANN coolaid, and an ICANN coolaid detox center
is definately in your best interest.

And so, the ICANN saga continues unabated....

George Kirikos wrote:

> Hi Debbie,
>
> --- Debbie Garside <debbie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > If ICANN ignored you and it cost them you need to ask why they
> > ignored you
> > as it does not make business sense to ignore an expert community.  I
>
> As previously mentioned, it's because most of them are incompetent and
> need to be replaced. You make the improper assumption that "business
> sense" exists at ICANN. During a conference call with the Business
> Constituency, I personally asked ICANN's lawyers if they did any
> cost-benefit analysis of the VeriSign settlement, i.e. measuring what
> the net present value cost of the 7% annual price increases was to
> registrants (to be able to compare that to the cost of ongoing
> litigation). They had no clue and would not answer. You can bet
> VeriSign knew.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> George Kirikos
> http://www.kirikos.com/

   Abraham Lincoln

ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827