Re: [ga] List activity

  • To: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>, ga <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] List activity
  • From: jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 18:19:29 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

<HEAD>
<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2900.3132" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>Dear Dr. dierker and all, &nbsp; I regret to inform you again that the GA forum is no longer a part of ICANN, as is not the GA.&nbsp; Hopefully this will change in the near future, but given recent information from Roberto that seems unlikely.&nbsp; Therefore I believe your mistaken. &nbsp; Further Dr. Joe Baptista is the list monitor which you requested and we all agreed upon.&nbsp; He has done a execellent job thus far in not interrupting the debate and discussion of late.&nbsp; Unfortunately you have not been as considerate, Dr. Dierker.&nbsp;&nbsp; However I am hopeful you shall correct that dificiency in the very near future.&nbsp; as such I hope you will recognize you have a responsibility to represent the members whom elected you, regardless of how narrow that margin of being elected was. Thank you for your and Dr. Baptista's cooperation in advance. <BR><BR><BR>Until and unless we change our rules the rules which were adopted in&nbsp;2000 apply. <A href="http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/2000.GA-ga-rules.html";>http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/2000.GA-ga-rules.html</A> Monitors do not make rules they enforce them. Note we have changed without objection the monitors. In the recent past no one has really abused the rules on a daily consistent basis. We are getting close now with one veteran. Think of it this way; Booze, Vitamins and Carrot juice are all good for you in proper portions. Overdue those portions and you will have bad results. If any four people object on list and will take the effort to change the rules, then I will support that effort fully and get our Secretariat (and now I guess Kent Crispin) to implement the changes. Eric<BR><BR><B><I>jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx</I></B> wrote:
<STYLE>body{font-family: Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:9pt;background-color: #ffffff;color: black;}</STYLE>
<ZZZMETA content="MSHTML 6.00.2900.3132" name="GENERATOR">
<DIV>Dr. dierker and all,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp; I believe Joe Baptista is the list monitor, correct?&nbsp; As such, and due to the </DIV>
<DIV>fact there has been no limit set on number of emails posted announced,</DIV>
<DIV>I must admit to some significant confusion.&nbsp; Can you explain Dr. Dierker?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Joe, have you set or announced any setting of posting limits?&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV id=compText><BR><BR><BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 0px; BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid">-----Original Message----- <BR>From: Hugh Dierker <HDIERKER2204@xxxxxxxxx><BR>Sent: Jun 29, 2007 9:55 AM <BR>To: ga <GA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx><BR>Subject: [ga] List activity <BR><BR>
<DIV>Hello all and welcome to all participants young and old, rookie and veteran.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>We have some very strict rules of etiquette here.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Limit to 5 posts a day and no personal nasty attacks.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>We have the worlds best monitor, and he constantly shows his tenured judgment by showing restraint. I am certain that if someone yelled "fire" on the crowded list he would both put out the fire and chastise the yeller appropriately.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>There are a couple of "newcombers" who may have "violated" a posting limit. And we have one old timer who loves to consistantly exceed the limit. But these are not earthshattering events and we all just kind of live with it.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The most abhorrent personal attack we see here is condescension mixed with pompousness and insulting anothers intelligence. However the list rises up to these occurences and we are all stronger in the aftermath. It is not a fragile demoecosytem and it weathers all storms.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Personally and as Chair I have most appreciated the tit for tat exchange regarding matters of high importance lately. It is likewise important to remember, this list/forum has suffered from lack of participation.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>New participation by anyone is greatly appreciated, however there are no free passes regarding a position. If you simply count numbers of posts and posters, you will find that participation inevitably goes up when a vitrolic caustic post goes up. I guess like a soap opera ratings deal.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Welcome again to all participants.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Eric</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Regards,<BR>Jeffrey A. Williams<BR>Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 134k members/stakeholders strong!)<BR>"Obedience of the law is the greatest freedom" -<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp; Abraham Lincoln<BR><BR>"Credit should go with the performance of duty and not with what is very<BR>often the accident of glory" - Theodore Roosevelt<BR><BR>"If the probability be called P; the injury, L; and the burden, B; liability<BR>depends upon whether B is less than L multiplied by<BR>P: i.e., whether B is less than PL."<BR>United States v. Carroll Towing&nbsp; (159 F.2d 169 [2d Cir. 1947]<BR>===============================================================<BR>Updated 1/26/04<BR>CSO/DIR. Internet Network Eng. SR. Eng. Network data security IDNS. div. of<BR>Information Network Eng.&nbsp; INEG. INC.<BR>ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402 E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<BR>Registered Email addr with the USPS Contact Number: 214-244-4827<BR><BR><ZZZ!-- --></BLOCKQUOTE></DIV>Dr. dierker and all, &nbsp; I believe Joe Baptista is the list monitor, correct?&nbsp; As such, and due to the fact there has been no limit set on number of emails posted announced, I must admit to some significant confusion.&nbsp; Can you explain Dr. Dierker? Joe, have you set or announced any setting of posting limits?&nbsp; <BR><BR><BR>
<DIV></DIV>Regards,<BR>Jeffrey A. Williams<BR>Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 134k members/stakeholders strong!)<BR>"Obedience of the law is the greatest freedom" -<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp; Abraham Lincoln<BR><BR>"Credit should go with the performance of duty and not with what is very<BR>often the accident of glory" - Theodore Roosevelt<BR><BR>"If the probability be called P; the injury, L; and the burden, B; liability<BR>depends upon whether B is less than L multiplied by<BR>P: i.e., whether B is less than PL."<BR>United States v. Carroll Towing&nbsp; (159 F.2d 169 [2d Cir. 1947]<BR>===============================================================<BR>Updated 1/26/04<BR>CSO/DIR. Internet Network Eng. SR. Eng. Network data security IDNS. div. of<BR>Information Network Eng.&nbsp; INEG. INC.<BR>ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402 E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<BR>Registered Email addr with the USPS Contact Number: 214-244-4827<BR><BR><ZZZ!-- --></BLOCKQUOTE>Hello all and welcome to all participants young and old, rookie and veteran. We have some very strict rules of etiquette here. Limit to 5 posts a day and no personal nasty attacks. We have the worlds best monitor, and he constantly shows his tenured judgment by showing restraint. I am certain that if someone yelled "fire" on the crowded list he would both put out the fire and chastise the yeller appropriately. There are a couple of "newcombers" who may have "violated" a posting limit. And we have one old timer who loves to consistantly exceed the limit. But these are not earthshattering events and we all just kind of live with it. The most abhorrent personal attack we see here is condescension mixed with pompousness and insulting anothers intelligence. However the list rises up to these occurences and we are all stronger in the aftermath. It is not a fragile demoecosytem and it weathers all storms. Personally and as Chair I have most appreciated the tit for tat exchange regarding matters of high importance lately. It is likewise important to remember, this list/forum has suffered from lack of participation. New participation by anyone is greatly appreciated, however there are no free passes regarding a position. If you simply count numbers of posts and posters, you will find that participation inevitably goes up when a vitrolic caustic post goes up. I guess like a soap opera ratings deal. Welcome again to all participants. Eric Until and unless we change our rules the rules which were adopted in&nbsp;2000 apply. <A href="http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/2000.GA-ga-rules.html";>http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/2000.GA-ga-rules.html</A> Monitors do not make rules they enforce them. Note we have changed without objection the monitors. In the recent past no one has really abused the rules on a daily consistent basis. We are getting close now with one veteran. Think of it this way; Booze, Vitamins and Carrot juice are all good for you in proper portions. Overdue those portions and you will have bad results. If any four people object on list and will take the effort to change the rules, then I will support that effort fully and get our Secretariat (and now I guess Kent Crispin) to implement the changes. Eric<BR><BR><B><I>jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx</I></B> wrote:
<STYLE>body{font-family: Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:9pt;background-color: #ffffff;color: black;}</STYLE>
<ZZZMETA content="MSHTML 6.00.2900.3132" name="GENERATOR">Dr. dierker and all, &nbsp; I believe Joe Baptista is the list monitor, correct?&nbsp; As such, and due to the fact there has been no limit set on number of emails posted announced, I must admit to some significant confusion.&nbsp; Can you explain Dr. Dierker? Joe, have you set or announced any setting of posting limits?&nbsp; <BR><BR><BR>
[...]
<DIV></DIV>Regards,<BR>Jeffrey A. Williams<BR>Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 134k members/stakeholders strong!)<BR>"Obedience of the law is the greatest freedom" -<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp; Abraham Lincoln<BR><BR>"Credit should go with the performance of duty and not with what is very<BR>often the accident of glory" - Theodore Roosevelt<BR><BR>"If the probability be called P; the injury, L; and the burden, B; liability<BR>depends upon whether B is less than L multiplied by<BR>P: i.e., whether B is less than PL."<BR>United States v. Carroll Towing&nbsp; (159 F.2d 169 [2d Cir. 1947]<BR>===============================================================<BR>Updated 1/26/04<BR>CSO/DIR. Internet Network Eng. SR. Eng. Network data security IDNS. div. of<BR>Information Network Eng.&nbsp; INEG. INC.<BR>ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402 E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<BR>Registered Email addr with the USPS Contact Number: 214-244-4827<BR><BR><ZZZ!-- --></BLOCKQUOTE>Hello all and welcome to all participants young and old, rookie and veteran. We have some very strict rules of etiquette here. Limit to 5 posts a day and no personal nasty attacks. We have the worlds best monitor, and he constantly shows his tenured judgment by showing restraint. I am certain that if someone yelled "fire" on the crowded list he would both put out the fire and chastise the yeller appropriately. There are a couple of "newcombers" who may have "violated" a posting limit. And we have one old timer who loves to consistantly exceed the limit. But these are not earthshattering events and we all just kind of live with it. The most abhorrent personal attack we see here is condescension mixed with pompousness and insulting anothers intelligence. However the list rises up to these occurences and we are all stronger in the aftermath. It is not a fragile demoecosytem and it weathers all storms. Personally and as Chair I have most appreciated the tit for tat exchange regarding matters of high importance lately. It is likewise important to remember, this list/forum has suffered from lack of participation. New participation by anyone is greatly appreciated, however there are no free passes regarding a position. If you simply count numbers of posts and posters, you will find that participation inevitably goes up when a vitrolic caustic post goes up. I guess like a soap opera ratings deal. Welcome again to all participants. Eric Dr. dierker and all, &nbsp; I believe Joe Baptista is the list monitor, correct?&nbsp; As such, and due to the fact there has been no limit set on number of emails posted announced, I must admit to some significant confusion.&nbsp; Can you explain Dr. Dierker? Joe, have you set or announced any setting of posting limits?&nbsp; <BR><BR><BR>Hello all and welcome to all participants young and old, rookie and veteran. We have some very strict rules of etiquette here. Limit to 5 posts a day and no personal nasty attacks. We have the worlds best monitor, and he constantly shows his tenured judgment by showing restraint. I am certain that if someone yelled "fire" on the crowded list he would both put out the fire and chastise the yeller appropriately. There are a couple of "newcombers" who may have "violated" a posting limit. And we have one old timer who loves to consistantly exceed the limit. But these are not earthshattering events and we all just kind of live with it. The most abhorrent personal attack we see here is condescension mixed with pompousness and insulting anothers intelligence. However the list rises up to these occurences and we are all stronger in the aftermath. It is not a fragile demoecosytem and it weathers all storms. Personally and as Chair I have most appreciated the tit for tat exchange regarding matters of high importance lately. It is likewise important to remember, this list/forum has suffered from lack of participation. New participation by anyone is greatly appreciated, however there are no free passes regarding a position. If you simply count numbers of posts and posters, you will find that participation inevitably goes up when a vitrolic caustic post goes up. I guess like a soap opera ratings deal. Welcome again to all participants. Eric Regards,<BR>Jeffrey A. Williams<BR>Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 134k members/stakeholders strong!)<BR>"Obedience of the law is the greatest freedom" -<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp; Abraham Lincoln<BR><BR>"Credit should go with the performance of duty and not with what is very<BR>often the accident of glory" - Theodore Roosevelt<BR><BR>"If the probability be called P; the injury, L; and the burden, B; liability<BR>depends upon whether B is less than L multiplied by<BR>P: i.e., whether B is less than PL."<BR>United States v. Carroll Towing&nbsp; (159 F.2d 169 [2d Cir. 1947]<BR>===============================================================<BR>Updated 1/26/04<BR>CSO/DIR. Internet Network Eng. SR. Eng. Network data security IDNS. div. of<BR>Information Network Eng.&nbsp; INEG. INC.<BR>ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402 E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<BR>Registered Email addr with the USPS Contact Number: 214-244-4827<BR><!-- --></BODY>