Re: [ga] Increased foreign attendance

  • To: veni markovski <veni@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Increased foreign attendance
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 01:37:04 -0700
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, icann staff <icann-staff@xxxxxxxxx>, icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>, "vinton g. cerf" <vint@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Vini and all,

  Indeed.  And RALO's are a repeating of the history/past.  Excluding
individual membership, vote, and elected representatives on the
 in Bod and GNSO council.  A rose by any other name ( this
case RALO ) smells the same.

  It's rather amazing yet not uncommon through out the history of
mans endeavors, he frequently ignores history and as a result
repeats the same errors, again and again.  ICANN is yet another
example.  So is Google, the ISOC, ect., ect.

veni markovski wrote:

> At 19:54 6/28/2007  +0200, Dominik Filipp wrote:
> >Yes, after all, we all can be positive, constructive and easy going.
>
> It's not necessary to be easy going, if you are positive and
> constructive. I know a lot of people, who give others hard time, but
> they contribute indeed. And I know easy-going people, who don't
> contribute, or contribute only negativism. It's human nature. But
> people here need to know that besides the long history, there's also
> present and future. Perhaps because many of them take things for
> granted, they have forgotten that they are equally, if not more
> important. History is good not to repeat the mistakes. One could
> reach to the conclusion that perhaps that's why the RALOs showed up;
> if the NCDNHC and others were contributing, perhaps they would have
> been part of the current model (keep in mind, I don't want to go back
> into history on that for a number of reasons, which we don't have the
> time now to discuss).
>
> >P.S. Though still overworked I'll try to gradually contribute more on
> >the topics. My apologizes for not having been here for so long.
>
> Happy to hear that!
>
> veni

   Abraham Lincoln

ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827