RE: [ga] Increased foreign attendance

  • To: "Debbie Garside" <debbie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [ga] Increased foreign attendance
  • From: veni markovski <veni@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 12:49:02 -0400
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Debbie,
perhaps now you can see for yourself why people at this list are quite quiet - if someone like you makes any attempts to bring the discussion to the common sense, he or she will be blamed immediately as someone who either a) doesn't understand, or b) has no knowledge [of this long history].

Now that I think about it, it reminds me very much of the Soviet propaganda from the 1970s. "The world imperialism", "the international situation", "progressive humankind" and such cliches were in the daily news, 365 days every year, and in intercalary years it was 366 days when i was hearing such spells.

However, to end at a positive note - I think what you are writing makes more sense than many of the other cliches we see around ICANN. It's always good to hear someone new, unencumbered with this long history.

Don't give up! And don't pay attention to the negativists.

Best,
Veni

At 08:15 6/28/2007 -0700, sotiris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi Danny
>
> Thanks for the outline.  I can, somewhat, understand your frustration.
> However as an observer I can perhaps see why, I have been subscribed to
> this
> list since December 2006 and from what I can see the majority of posts are
> highly critical of ICANN and not in any way constructive; it is the
> constructive aspect that is missing.

Well, Debbie, here's some food for thought for you... those of us who have
been on these ICANN mailing lists since 1998 have seen our constructive
input completely ignored for 8 years before you came along.  Perhaps we're
a little tired of being ignored? More than just a little frustrated...?
Perhaps we're tired of obsequious johnny-come-latelies of the "civil
society" sort showing up who know nothing of the history of ICANN and
telling us how to be constructive?  Perhaps you should familiarize
yourself with ICANN history before you come out scolding those of us who
have been members of these mailing lists as well as original ICANN
At-Large Members for many years before you even knew there was an ICANN...

SS