Re: [ga] Call for Statements of Interest -- NA RALO Seats on ALAC

  • To: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Call for Statements of Interest -- NA RALO Seats on ALAC
  • From: Joe Baptista <baptista@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 21:12:08 -0400
  • Cc: Roberto Gaetano <roberto@xxxxxxxxx>, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Danny Younger wrote:

Hello Roberto,

The last time that I checked the GA is not an ICANN
sanctioned body.  As you recall, its representative
structure was officially eliminated by ICANN at the
same time that ICANN ignominiously dispensed with
elected at-large directors.  A truly great moment in
ICANN history if you happen to be a fan of bloodless
coups.

Roberto, at one time you respected the value of the GA
as a cross-constituency platform for discussion (you
chaired the body), but now the GA doesn't even figure
in your GNSO Improvements.

I can see you and Roberto are old friends. My dear Roberto - something past about funny hats and ester dyson.

Hey Danny remember back then I told you so. Roberto did what Roberto had to do. He has been rewarded. But really the solution is for the GA to protest in some way. Maybe on behalf of a new name space? Where it will be represented. Anyone interested in an experiment?

cheers
joe baptista

p.s. deleting rest - plunk

--
Joe Baptista                                www.publicroot.org
PublicRoot Consortium

begin:vcard
fn:Joe Baptista
n:Baptista;Joe
org:PublicRoot Consortium
adr:;;963 Ford Street;Peterborough;Ontario;K9J 5V5 ;Canada
email;internet:baptista@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:PublicRoot Representative
tel;fax:+1 (509) 479-0084
tel;cell:+1 (416) 912-6551