RE: [ga] keeping expired domains by a registrar

  • To: "Nevett, Jonathon" <jnevett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Bashar Al-Abdulhadi <bashar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [ga] keeping expired domains by a registrar
  • From: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 10:55:41 -0700 (PDT)
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, stacy.burnette@xxxxxxxxx, halloran@xxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Stacy Burnette,

In your capacity as ICANN's Director of Contractual
Compliance, I would appreciate a formal determination
as to whether the "direct transfer clauses" in most
registrar Terms of Service agreements stand in
violation of ICANN's Expired Domain Deletion Policy --
please note the correspondence below for a further
explication of the issue.

I have copied this correspondence also to Deputy
General Counsel Dan Halloran.  I look forward to
clarification of this issue from ICANN staff.

Thank you for your attention to this matter,
Danny Younger

--- "Nevett, Jonathon" <jnevett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.