Re: [ga] Domain is expiring within next 60 days , you CAN'T transfer

I thought you all might find this relevant http://blog.tucows.com/ blog/_archives/2007/3/25/2834529.html

On Mar 29, 2007, at 8:44 PM, Bashar Al-Abdulhadi wrote:

What about the action of: locking domains on expiration date and not allowing the registrant to transfer because its locked?

Paul Karkas wrote:
not only that, according to the Compliance faq's a registrar may not even prohibit transfer of name that has 'expired' - http:// www.icann.org/compliance/faq.html "My domain name has just expired. Can my registrar require me to pay for a renewal before I can transfer to a new registrar? No. Your new registrar of choice can initiate a transfer request on an expired domain name once they receive the required authorization from you. Expiration or nonrenewal of a domain name is not a valid reason for denial of a transfer request. " -----Original Message----- From: owner- ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Gomes, Chuck Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2007 5:17 AM To: Bashar Al- Abdulhadi; ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: RE: [ga] Domain is expiring within next 60 days , you CAN'T transfer Bashar, In case you are not aware, the transfer policy can be found at http:// www.icann.org/transfers/ Note in particular the following exerpt in Section 3, Obligations of the Registrar of Record: "Instances when the requested change of Registrar may not be denied include, but are not limited to: . . . Domain name registration period time constraints, other than during the first 60 days of initial registration or during the first 60 days after a registrar transfer." Chuck Gomes "This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Any unauthorized use, distribution, or disclosure is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify sender immediately and destroy/delete the original transmission." From: owner- ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bashar Al-Abdulhadi Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2007 6:47 PM To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [ga] Domain is expiring within next 60 days , you CAN'T transfer Dears, I noticed some registrars DENY accepting domain transfers that are expiring within 60 days at their registrars. is this allowed by ICANN/registries? is it allowed to set certain rules with the latest Transfer Policy? Best Regards, -- Bashar Al-Abdulhadi CEO, KuwaitNET.net