Re: [ga] New IAB Chair Defends DNSSEC

At 11:20 29/03/2007, Kim Davies wrote:
Quoting Jeff Williams on Thursday March 29, 2007:

| Or better said, the IANA doesn't
| know how to write code, so DNSSEC on root servers
| isn't going to be implemented any time soon...

Could you elaborate on those two claims? (That IANA can't write code,
and it is related to DNSSEC deployment on root servers)

I remember a long presentation of Paul Twomey relayed by Vint Cerf, concerning the strategic plan, explaining that the DNSSEC strategy would be conducted by a special DNSSEC structure ICANN was to create with some partners. At the time we understood that these partners would be the ccTLD Managers, as in line with the NTIA statement of principles issued the same day.

Is that still something on the table. Or has it been given to the ICANN lost department as the Escrow service?
jfc

PS. Kim you still owe me an answer, do you remember. A very simple one: does ICANN intends to build its own IDN 3166 to replace ISO 3166 in toto or in parte? I read somewhere that some of the meeting you attended reported that you were OK with ISO 3166, needed IDN 3166 (no one specifier so far to my knowledge), but had an undocumented problem with ISO 3166 for the historic names.

All I know is that "staline.su" is for sale, for some people to make money. I have real difficulty to understand why you have difficulties with .xxx: it should no be used by ISO 639-3, so ... there is no technical conflict.