Re: [ga] DNS Update Service

It would also be interesting to find out who exactly asked Verisign to "please make us sign a contract and charge us for this service".

I notice also no mention of what costs will be involved. Surely this is a concern? Pricing based on cost to Verisign of providing the service (practically negligible aside from setting up a customer - which is only expensive due to the requirement for a contract - unless its an online contract with "select this box to confirm you are in agreement with the terms - which seems to be good enough for Verisign and ICANN for domain name registration so should be the same for this service).

Or is it pricing to line Verisign's already bulging wallet?