Re: [ga] Re: How to Get Help When You Have a Problem with Your Registrar

  • To: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Re: How to Get Help When You Have a Problem with Your Registrar
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 01:34:18 -0800
  • Cc: George Kirikos <gkirikos@xxxxxxxxx>, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>, icann staff <icann-staff@xxxxxxxxx>, "Eric R. Stark" <estark@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, mbaker@xxxxxxxxxxxx, "David T. Murray" <dmurray@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, essential ecom <ecommerce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Danny and all,

  Looks like another few more of ICANN's bogus accreditation's
in regards to blog.com, Snoqulamiedomains.com, and
Snappyregistrar.com.  Where is DOC/NTIA's oversight here?

How lovely.  < sarcasm intended >

Danny Younger wrote:

> Hi George,
>
> Re:  "I don't believe the RAA requires anything beyond
> that"
>
> The RAA requires a bit more than that:
>
> (1)  Registrars need to post their Terms and
> Conditions for query-based public access to
> registration data through Whois to include the
> required provision from RAA Section 3.3.5.
>
> (2)  Registrars must comply with the Expired Domain
> Deletion Policy that states:
>
> 3.7.5.5 If Registrar operates a website for domain
> name registration or renewal, details of Registrar's
> deletion and auto-renewal policies must be clearly
> displayed on the website.
>
> 3.7.5.6 If Registrar operates a website for domain
> registration or renewal, it should state, both at the
> time of registration and in a clear place on its
> website, any fee charged for the recovery of a domain
> name during the Redemption Grace Period.
>
> (3)  Registrars must have a registration agreement
> requiring the registrant to agree that "its
> registration of the Registered Name shall be subject
> to suspension, cancellation, or transfer pursuant to
> any ICANN adopted specification or policy . . ."
> pursuant to RAA Section 3.7.7.11.
>
> (4) Registrars must ensure that registrants agree to
> the terms of the UDRP.
>
> and there is probably more...
>
> but at blog.com I am seeing none of this.  Neither am
> I seeing it at the website of accredited registrar
> Snoqulamiedomains.com or Snappyregistrar.com whose
> websites only offer googlesyndication links.

> The fish are biting.
> http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/arp/sponsoredsearch_v2.php

   Abraham Lincoln

ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827