Re: [ga] Re: Capture by a Self-interested Faction

Tim Ruiz wrote:

The first priority of the Reserved Names WG is to provide background and recommendations to the new gTLDs regarding the introduction of new gTLDs,

What I find either amusing or of great concern, depending on one's point of view is that various incumbent vendors of domain name products are gathering to set the terms and conditions to be imposed on new vendors as a condition of them entering the market.

As such, those incumbent vendors are active participants in a combination in restraint of trade. Whether that combination is legal or not in various jurisdictions is a question yet to be fully addressed, however legal scholars have found there to be reasons for concern.

Were I one of those incumbent vendors I would consult very, very deeply with my legal counsel.

		--karl--