RE: [ga] Re: Capture by a Self-interested Faction

  • To: "Stephane Bortzmeyer" <bortzmeyer@xxxxxx>, "Danny Younger" <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [ga] Re: Capture by a Self-interested Faction
  • From: "Dominik Filipp" <dominik.filipp@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 09:51:42 +0100
  • Cc: <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

There is perhaps no reasons to reserve one-letter names in general but
it's surprising that ICANN, instead of dealing with much more important
and urgent agenda, is putting its effort into something that again
smacks of sort of bargaining. We are talking about exactly 26 domain
names gaining extreme value during the long time they are being
reserved, worthy of millions bucks each when auctioned. You can be damn
sure most of the names once released will soon appear at auctions and
all the profit will come to the pockets of those demanding their release
at ICANN today.

So, not the names themselves but the order of importance is what makes
me sick.

Dominik