RE: [ga] Why the .XXX Domain is a Bad Idea That Won't Die

  • To: "Jeff Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [ga] Why the .XXX Domain is a Bad Idea That Won't Die
  • From: "Dominik Filipp" <dominik.filipp@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 08:15:25 +0100
  • Cc: "General Assembly of the DNSO" <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jeff,

yes, you're right. But from the tasting point of view the rate of abused
.ORG domains swings somewhere between 0-10%. I would say, the average is
about 4-6% (source: www.ipwalk.com).
So, still almost negligible, especially, when compared to possible
potential consequences that might threaten the whole tasting if PIR was
not satisfied.

Dominik