RE: [ga] RE: is ICANN or is ICANN not?

  • To: "'JFC Morfin'" <jefsey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [ga] RE: is ICANN or is ICANN not?
  • From: "Roberto Gaetano" <roberto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 23:55:47 +0100
  • Cc: "'ga'" <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

JFC,

Don't worry, go ahead and report to whomever you want.
I will only ask you a personal favour: please quote verbatim, don?t attempt
to interpret what I am saying, because your interpretation does not seem, to
my personal judgement, a fair reproduction of the original.

The beauty of discussing in a public forum, where contributions are
archived, is that there is always the possibility to read the source. In
this case it is at
http://www.gnso.icann.org/mailing-lists/archives/ga/msg05812.html.

Most people I know are able to make the difference between the statement of
fact "IANA operates under contract with USG" and the allegation "ICANN
believes that the fact that USG controls the root is the best solution and
could not be changed", and finding the former in my statement and the latter
in your statement will draw their conclusions.

My deepest apologies to the GA for intervening again on this subject, but I
thought I could not avoid responding without giving the false impression
that I was fearing some consequences. Now I will keep my mouth shut, but
will be glad to listen to other opinions, because I am interested in the
subject.

Best regards,
Roberto