RE: [ga] Why the .XXX Domain is a Bad Idea That Won't Die

  • To: "Roberto Gaetano" <roberto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [ga] Why the .XXX Domain is a Bad Idea That Won't Die
  • From: "Dominik Filipp" <dominik.filipp@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 10:05:13 +0100
  • Cc: "General Assembly of the DNSO" <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Roberto,

thank you for your response.

But, honestly, isn't it stunning that after a year and after the meeting
in Sao Paulo where this issue was officially, and I would say
fearlessly, presented, neither the GNSO nor the ALAC (nor the other
constituencies) have raised an official request for opening it as a
regular issue. What, on earth, prevents them from doing so? As regards
the registrars, I know positively that Bob Parsons from GoDaddy asked
ICANN for dealing with it several times. As I am able to understand the
attitude of the registries and, perhaps, some registrars, the others
have simply failed. Roberto, you don't have to defend indefensible.

Tha fact the Goodle guy voted for the re-registration fee for PIR says
nothing. Firstly, PIR is not Verisign, and secondly, the number of such
abused .BIZ domains is negligible and therefore commercially not
interesting at all (for Google). All that voting could have been nothing
but a mimicry.
But if you were about to discuss .COM domains with Verisign and Google,
believe me, you would have stayed pretty surprised.

Regards

Dominik