Re: [ga] Vote on representation first

  • To: "Hugh Dierker" <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>, "Jeff Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Vote on representation first
  • From: "Dominik Filipp" <dominik.filipp@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 12:02:50 +0100
  • Cc: "ga" <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Eric, Jeff,

obviously, all discussion will remain here. I haven't noticed any
suggestion out here to move somewhere else.

In my understanding, the booth is not and never was intended as a
replacement for the discussion forum. It's just a tool to facilitate the
voting and to logically collect the voting results on tabular basis. Or
do you want to hunt out the voting results among the myriads of mails
scattered throughout the GA list? I think the voting results deserve
such a special treatment.

However, there is also a deeper reason for having the booth. If we
intend to promote the GA list to a higher level the booth can
demonstrate our ability of natural self-organization and effectiveness.
If we prove ourselves as being able to raise, discuss and vote on
issues, and eventually propose clear solutions on professional
look'n'feel basis, the GA can be accepted as a competent, operational,
effective and viable community worth of being heard.

I wouldn't be afraid of referring some GA stuff on an external web page
- I mean the voting results on the booth page. NCUC and ALAC, for
instance, have even their own web sites with just a reference on the
ICANN site.

Dominik

P.S. What does the 'shanagans' mean, Jeff? I couldn't find it even in
the Webster..., don't you mean 'shenanigan'?

________________________________

Behalf Of Hugh Dierker
>> Sent: Tuesday, January 30, 2007 11:41 PM
>> To: Jeff Williams
>> Cc: General Assembly of the DNSO
>> Subject: Re: [GA] What do you want to vote for? Something Wrong

>> Joop,

>> We have several problems here. The discussion grouping off this list
>> is not good. Obviously all discussion must remain here.

>> The proper question should be in the affirmative. Should we have
represenative(s)?