[ga] Revised Interim Meeting dates 22 - 25 February 2007

  • To: gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ga] Revised Interim Meeting dates 22 - 25 February 2007
  • From: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 06:30:48 -0800 (PST)
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello Glen,

Happy New Year and best wishes.

Please advise if travel funding will be made available
for representatives from the GA to attend these
upcoming policy discussions in Marina del Rey.  As you
know, GA members have devoted considerable time in
sustained discussions on the topic of new gTLDs (and I
was able to earlier relate the preliminary GA
viewpoint through my unfunded participation at the
Washington session).

Allow me to further remind you of the following
language in the current ICANN Budget:  "This year
ICANN has also included a provision to provide some
assistance to selected volunteer members of the ICANN
community who could not otherwise attend task force or
other ICANN meetings.  Travel assistance will be
provided on a case-by-case basis only after the trip
request is evaluated and deemed to have a value-added
component for ICANN and the community."

The GA perspective is a value-added component that
should be respected in this process.  I look forward
to hearing from you, and I look forward to having a
number of GA participants attending this session.

Best regards,
Danny Younger