RE: [ga] scammers using whois privacy

  • To: "Jeff Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Hugh Dierker" <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [ga] scammers using whois privacy
  • From: "Paul Stahura" <stahura@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 18:32:50 -0800
  • Cc: "kidsearch" <kidsearch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Karl Auerbach" <karl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Dena Whitebirch" <shore@xxxxxxxxxx>, "ga" <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jeff, it occurs to me, for your purpose of whois, both an email address
and phone number would not be required to be publicly displayed either.
Just a means of contacting the registrant.  For example, a web form
could be presented that sends the form contents to the (hidden) email
address, or a skype ID (or some other anonymous ID) could be displayed
which would connect to the (hidden) phone number when making the skype
call.

PS
the real ID Act example... from you... I dig it :>)