Re: [ga] scammers using whois privacy

  • To: kidsearch <kidsearch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Roberto Gaetano <roberto@xxxxxxxxx>, "'Karl Auerbach'" <karl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] scammers using whois privacy
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 17:07:42 -0800 (PST)
  • Cc: "'Dena Whitebirch'" <shore@xxxxxxxxxx>, "'ga'" <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I think we have a breach in language here. Users of lists, do just that, use lists. Keepers of lists, obviously do that - keep the list. The DMV example does not make the General public free users of the list. It is restricted to those with a genuine well established need to know.
  Our WHOIS should be the same and all we should argue about is the protocols and criterion for that need to know is. And of course never ever in multiples.

  ps. There is always that gal Sally who likes white chocolate and flowers that might bend the rules just this once ;-}

kidsearch <kidsearch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
          I don't have a problem with the dmv concept as long as the average user can access the information. Yes one record at a time is sufficient.

  It's funny that it's being advocated that domain holders have a rigjht to priivacy, but anyone requesting information would have to disclose all that info that Karl suggested.

  So the domainer has the right to privacy, but the requester of info does not?

  Karl that sounds more like something ICANN would consider rather than you. They use double standards all the time. You usually don't.

  Chris McElroy aka NameCritic
  http://www.articlecontentprovider.com