RE: [ga] Getting Heard by the ICANN Board

  • To: "GA" <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [ga] Getting Heard by the ICANN Board
  • From: "Dominik Filipp" <dominik.filipp@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 13:25:10 +0100
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I've realized that I'm still lacking some information about the internal
processes at ICANN.

We have several constituencies of which at least two should be
representing the registrant interests - NCU and (non-voting) At-Large. I
don't know what the connection of the constituences to the board members
(who are eligible to make final decisions by voting) is like. If, for
instance, the info/org/biz agreement was approved unanimously, does it
mean that NCU (as a voting constituency) voted for the agreement and
thus failed in approaching the registrant interests?

What is the GNSO (which list we're subscribed to) role in all that? Can
I find anything like organizational tree chart on the ICANN page?

Maybe a bit dumb questions out here... but I'd like to get to know...

thanks

Dominik