Re: [ga] Getting Heard by the ICANN Board

kidsearch ha scritto:
How much access will you actually have Vittorio? How odften, etc.? I appreciate your offer, just want to see if you can provide more details as to what that position entails.

I will have all prerogatives of Board members, fully participate in the Board mailing list and meetings, and obtain access to documents and information that Directors have, under similar confidentiality rules; however, I do not have a vote in Board deliberations. I still have to understand whether I can make motions or second them. I cannot be a member of Board committees, but I have asked whether I could at least subscribe to their lists.

There is a provision in the Bylaws that should allow me to share confidential information with members of the entity I liaise with (the ALAC), under clauses established by the Board. I have asked how to enforce this, and of course the reply was "you judge, better ask each and every time, and in any case, if you talk too much, people might want to have their private discussions somewhere else", which is a somewhat sad but understandable reply.

My plan, once I finish the rework of my long-abandoned personal website, is to have a webpage, blog or whatever to post information and collect comments, compatibly with the overall availability of time (my plan is actually to leave my ALAC seat as soon as possible, so that, while continuing to participate in the Committee, I can free some time and mindshare to enhance my commitment to this new position, and at the same time allow for some fresh blood in the ALAC - however, some people misinterpreted this plan as sort of "ALAC squatting", i.e. serving on an ALAC-appointed position after having ended my ALAC term, which is not what it was meant to be).
--
vb. [Vittorio Bertola - v.bertola [a] bertola.eu.org]<-----
http://bertola.eu.org/ <- Prima o poi...