To: <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, December 13, 2006 11:12 AM
Subject: [ga] Getting Heard by the ICANN Board

We're fortunate to have at least three current or former Directors on this list. In recent days, we've seen posts from Roberto Gaetano (the new Vice-Chair of the ICANN Board) and former directors Veni Markovski and Karl Auerbach. I wonder whether we could hear from each of them about what influences(ed) their thinking when they consider (ed) an issue before the Board. Is/was it the public comments? The reports from the Supporting Organizations? The public discussions on lists? Private discussions with members of the community? The Board debate? Their own personal experiences?

Of course, I expect it's a combination of these, but I know we could learn something about how best to be heard by the ICANN Board from their responses.

Thanks in advance.

            Bret